Sunday, November 25, 2007

Bungee Jumping!



So that's a short on bungee jumping at the original bungee jumping site in Queenstown, New Zealand with an introduction by a bungee company.

If the spring action on the bungee cord wasn't dampened then this would be an example of simple harmonic motion. However, no one would be able to stop, so that wouldn't be good for advertising. The motion is periodic, as it repeats itself with intervals in a specific manner; it is described as being sinusoidal, with constant amplitude. A motion with frequency f has period = 1/f. Thus if there was a period of 4 seconds the frequency would be 0.25 hertz.

Okay well that's it from me. I'm going to enjoy the rest of my thanksgiving break. There really is so much I have to be thankful for and I should be thankful year round.

No comments: