Sunday, January 27, 2008
Well every once in a while I go to Costco out in Hawaii Kai. Ever since I was a kid I've feared static electricity, sure, the everyday static won't kill you but it sure can be a surprise and even painful. But the humidity is much lower in Hawaii Kai than where I live and it makes the situation ripe for memorable shocks.
When I walk across floors whether they are carpeted or tiled I pull many electrons from the floor. This creates a surplus on my body. When I come into contact with an object that has fewer electrons i.e. my car door the electrons extra on my skin jump across to balance things out. As a result theres a shock. Well I don't what else to say but enjoy the remaining weekend everyone!